Altitude : 1276 meters
Rô is part of the municipality of Saillagouse since 1822. The hamlet is located to the west of the village of Saillagouse.
Higinio de Rivera, Spanish brigadier general, former governor of Puigcerdà, lived in Rô in the 19th century and owned stud farms and beautiful stables. He was one of the country's leading breeders. His Cerdan mares were well rated. One of them, Fadrineta, won at horse races including the grand prix in Madrid and the derby in Barcelona.
Engraving from the newspaper El Campo of June 1, 1891, Director / Manager: D. Juliàn Settier
|Entrance of Rô||General view of Rô|
|General view of Rô in summer from the railway station of Estavar||Area at the entrance of Rô coming from Saillagouse|
|Saint Antoine de Rô church before and after the painting of the facade in 2015||Sant Antoni del Porquet altarpiece (Saint Anthony)|
|Detail of the stained glass windows of the church of Rô - View from the outside||Bell tower detail|
The Saint Antoine de Rô church houses a baroque altarpiece by Joseph Sunyer dating from the early eighteenth century. Sant Antoni del Porquet (Saint Anthony) is in the center of the folder with its sides a piglet (porquet in Catalan). Sant Antoni is the patron of animals and livestock and is celebrated on 17 January. Above Saint Anthony, there is a Virgin of the Immaculate Conception, surrounded by statuettes of Saint Sebastian and Saint Roch. St. Anthony is surrounded by two saints, Francis Xavier and Isidore.
Altitude : 1390 meters
Védrignans is part of the municipality of Saillagouse since 1822. The hamlet is on a hill, south of the village of Saillagouse, between this village and Err.
The origin of the name of the hamlet comes from either a villa near the Roman road (Via Romana), or a character of Roman origin.
In 1086, the hamlet is called Vidianianos. In the fourteenth century, the name became Védrignyas. In 1660, the name of the hamlet is then Vidimans.
|Entrance of Vedrignans||General view of Vedrignans. On the right, in the background, the village of Llo.|
|General view of Vedrignans from Cami de Mirabo|
|Sainte Eugénie of Védrignans church||Fountain near Cami de Vedrinyans|
To enlarge the photo, click on this one, then on the icon or
Photographic credits : A. THIBAUT